Scope and purpose
The circumstances under which we collect and process your Personal Data
- The types of Personal Data we collect
- The purposes for collecting your Personal Data
- How we handle your Personal Data
- Contact details for requests for exercise your data protection rights
This policy is updated continuously to reflect the measures taken in relation to your Personal Data.
Identity and contact details of Controller
Identity: Federación Española de Bádminton (or “We”)
VAT NUMBER: G-78.025.913
Address: Calle Ferraz, 16 4ª planta, 28008 Madrid.
Phone: +34 915 428 384
We collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products and services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products and services by, for example, using technologies like cookies – this may collect data about your use of our Web pages and/or apps, your device(s) and your location
We will collect and process the following data about you (the “Data”):
- • Data you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes Data you provide when you register, subscribe to any service, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem. The Data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, company name, date of birth, nationality, phone number and preferences.
- • Data we collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and information about your geographic location; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Web pages and/or apps (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our user service number.
We may use your information in a number of ways, including to provide the Web pages and/or apps, to personalise and improve the products and services we offer, to carry out our obligations, communicate with you, to analyse use of our Web pages and/or apps and in other ways that you agree to.
We may use your Data:
- to communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging), such as to let you know about new features, offerings (including goods and services) on our Web pages and/or apps where you have consented for us to do so;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to administer and provide services you request;
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and service we offer;
- to improve the quality of our service and security of our Web pages and/or apps;
- to understand your preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- in connection with targeting/advertising activities;
- to track activity on the Site and our Web page;
- in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
- in such way as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
- for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
Disclosures to third parties
We will share your Information amongst:
- carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
- anyone who may take over the running of our Web pages and/or apps, subcontractors who operate a part of our Web pages and/or apps on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Data and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards; and/or
- any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
- as required by law: for example, in connection with a government inquiry, dispute, or other legal process or request;
- when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary in order to protect our rights: for example, in order to investigate potential violations of our terms and conditions, or to detect, prevent or disclose fraud or other security issues;
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
Freedom of choice
Your Personal Data belongs to you. We strive not to make any assumptions regarding your privacy preferences and aim to design our services so that you can choose whether or not to share your Personal Data with us.
Balance of interests
Where the Processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the pursuit of a legitimate interest, and where this interest outweighs the need to protect your privacy, we may process certain Personal Data without obtaining your express consent if so permitted by law. In certain other situations, we may also process your Personal Data without your consent if so is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations or required in accordance with applicable law. For more information, see the “Consent” section below. Where your Personal Data is processed for the public interest, we base that on the potential benefits to (including the safety of) our users and the general public.
The Federación Española de Bádminton will only process its users’ Personal Data if it is adequate, relevant and necessary in relation to the purpose for which it has been gathered.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to collecting or using your Personal Data. The request for your consent will be clear and specific and will provide you with a reasonable basis with which to make your decision. We will never take your consent for granted. Instead, we will make sure that you can actively consent in a clear and transparent manner. Your consent is voluntary and can always be revoked, for example by terminating a particular service or contacting Federación Española de Bádminton at the address indicated in the “Your Data Protection Rights” section below. If you do not give your consent, it may not be possible to use services or parts of services.
You may access applications and links to other sites not operated by or on behalf of the Federación Española de Bádminton but provided by a Third Party, which may, for example, require transmission of location data and other Recorded Data to this Third Party. The Federación Española de Bádminton is not responsible for the collection or use of Personal Data in applications or services provided by a Third Party, and recommends that you carefully review applicable terms for (and any integrity policy related to) such applications or services before you use them. If you have questions concerning a certain Third-Party use of your Personal Data, please contact the Third Party directly.
The Federación Española de Bádminton may transfer your Personal Data to recipients in countries outside of the European Economic Area which may have differing data protection laws. This includes countries that the EU Commission does not consider to have an adequate level of protection for personal data. If this occurs The Federación Española de Bádminton will ensure there is are legal grounds for the transfer in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. You will also be informed about the legal grounds, what safeguards were implemented, and where you can obtain a copy of these safeguards.
The Federación Española de Bádminton has taken technical and organizational measures in order to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of Processing.
Data processing on our behalf
We restrict access to your Personal Data to the Federación Española de Bádminton employees and providers who need to use the information in order to process it on our behalf, and who are contractually required to keep your Personal Data secure and confidential. We aim to choose the option for Data Processing services that best safeguards the integrity of your Personal Data toward any Third Party. Some of these Processing activities might be per-formed outside of the EEA under a specific legal basis as required by national
As a sporting event, images can be captured within the facilities managed by us. If you participate in our activities or you visit our event there is a chance that your image may be captured and stored the event’s Image Bench. Therefore, by participing in our activities or visiting our event you expressly authorize The The Federación Española de Bádminton or its stakeholders, free of charge and without any time or territorial limitation, to use the Image Bench for communication and marketing purposes, in both printed and digital formats, including publication on The Federación Española de Bádminton website or BWF World Championships website or in other digital channels.
If you do not wish your image to be used please contact us through the options stated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Careers and Submission of your CV
In order to administrate your user profile and/or application (including supporting documents), we need to process personal data about you. The Federación Española de Bádminton respects the integrity of the individual and processes your personal data in a secure way and in compliance with applicable data protection laws. For more information please review our Recruitment Privacy Policies.
For how long will the Federación Española de Bádminton keep your personal data?
The Federación Española de Bádminton will only keep the personal data deemed necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and only up and until such purpose has been fulfilled. Where you provide your consent for the processing of your data (i.e. for marketing purposes), it will be kept until you withdraw your consent. However, after said periods, the Federación Española de Bádminton will maintain duly blocked such data as may be required to comply with local legal, tax or benefits obligation or to satisfy any legal requirements in the event of an actual, threatened or anticipated dispute or claim.
Your data protection rights
You have at any time the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. In addition, you have the right to request access to your personal data. You also have the right to request the Federación Española de Bádminton to rectify or erase your personal data or restrict the processing of the same.
You may also object to the Federación Española de Bádminton processing of your personal data or request data portability. However, please note that The Federación Española de Bádminton may not always be obliged to comply with a request of deletion, restriction, objection or data portability. Assessment will be made on a case-by-case basis of the The Federación Española de Bádminton legal obligations and the exception to such rights.
If you would like to exercise your rights with respect to your personal data, please contact us via post at:
- Federación Española de Bádminton
Calle Ferraz, 16 4ª planta, 28008 Madrid
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should send us together with your request a copy of your ID Card or other valid identification document.
Finally, you are informed of your right to file a claim with the competent Data Protection Authority if you become aware or consider that there might be a fact involving a breach of the applicable regulations on Data Protection. In Spain, the competent authority is the Spanish Data Protection Authority.